How To Use A Hair Straightener Step By Step Beginners Guide
Step By Step Beginners Guide Use A Flat Iron at Home
Table of Contents
How To Use A Hair Straightener is the first question asked by a girl after buying a hair straightener for the first time. If you are a girl with curly and thick hair, then feeling envious is so obvious about girls or models who show off their silky and sleek hair. Admit it; every girl wishes to have a hair type that another girl has. It’s rude, but girls can’t help it.
The history of straightening hair is way back to 1700. Since then, girls do whatever it takes to straighten the hair. Usually, girls with curly hair or thick hair start with using conditioners and shampoos. Well, to be honest, these products always fail to make hair sleek for a longer time.
So how to achieve sleek hair! Well, heat is the answer. There is one alternative, and the optimal option is heating the hair. It will let you mold your hair into any type you want. Again girls first look forward to visiting the salon for having awesome hairdos. No doubt, professionals are damn good at this. But think for a sec, is it possible for you to spend $50-$60 daily for a new hairdo. It is inconvenient for every girl. Here we need Good Hair Straighteners or Best Flat Iron.
Owning a flat is the only option we have. A hair straightener is the only explanation for all hair problems. You once spend money to get a great hair straightener. And you can get a sleek and shiny straight hair daily without spending the extra bucks.
So, you got a hair straightener and looking for guidance on How To Use A Hair Straightener. Then, you are at the right place luckily.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail How To Use A Hair Straightener. So you won’t face any problem while making your hairdo for the first time.
Things That You Will Need For Straightening Your Hair :
Before going to the main part of How To Use A Hair Straightener, Please ensure you have got these items.
- A Good Hair Straighteners Or Best Flat Iron
- A Hair Dryer
- A Tooth Comb
- Tall Comb
- Straightening Balm or Pomade
- Butterfly Clips
- Smoothing Shine
- Heat Protection Spray
- Hair Spray
- A Brush or Hair Straightener Brush
Step By Step Guide : How To Use A Hair Straightener:
Now move to the important part. Here are the guidelines needed to straight your hair using a flat iron.
- First of all, you need to wash your hair deeply with shampoo and conditioner. After washing, dry your hair using a dry towel.
- Next thing is applying a little amount of straightening pomade along with moisturiser to the ends and mid-length of the hair. Avoid applying pomade to the roots of the hair. Otherwise, hair will look oily and heavy. With tooth comb, remove all the tangles from the hair.
- Dry hair is need before straightening. So now pick up your blow dryer to make your hair dry. Carefully direct the blow dryer from upward to the downward direction. In this way, hair will be free from frizz. In case you got curly hair, use the brush while drying for a smoother finish.
- It’s time to divide your hair into sections. Make three sections of your hair.
- At every section, use the heat protection spray from 1 inch far from hair. This steps will reduce the chances of hair damage due to heat.
- Now the main step. Grab hair from the first section at the lower side. Place your comb, do the downward combing and hold the hair with comb horizontally. Now place the flat iron on the section, carefully slide both comb and flat iron towards the lower end. Repeat the process as per the amount of hair in that section.
- Repeat the last step to both other sections. Don’t forget to apply heat spray before straightening.
- If you follow all the above, steps and finished straightening all the sections of hair. Grab smoothing shine and apply a little amount on the hair from upward towards the end. It will keep them shinier and frizz free.
Common Mistakes When Straightening Your Hair:
There are fewer mistakes that most girls do while straightening process. These warnings are a prime part of the guide How To Use A Hair Straightener. Make sure you are not practising that. Otherwise, your whole hard work will end up in the vain.
- Shower Your Hair: Before the straightening process, washed hair is the requirement. No matter how much conditioners or other products you will use. Until you wash your hair with care, nothing else is important. After a shower, dry them by putting the towel.
- Wrong Blow Drying: Often girls use the blow dryer in the exact wrong direction. Always use blow dryer upward to the end. Don’t use it in the opposite direction, otherwise welcome hair full of tangles and frizz.
- Thermal Protectant: Girls sometimes avoid using a thermal protectant. To be honest, you are taking high stakes for your hair by not using heat spray. Because thermal protectant keeps your hair safe from the effects of heating.
- High Temperature: At start girls use hair straightener at absolutely high temperatures like 400-450 degrees. This range is suitable for professionals. Carefully set the temperature according to your hair type.
- Sectioning: Sectioning of hair before straightening should not miss. You can’t grab hair randomly and start straightening, and this is not the right way to do that. Always divide hair into small sections.
- Fewer Passes: Repeat the passes when needed. It is not essential to repeat many passes on one straight section. Instead, create tension by pulling hair and then straight.
- Finishing Products: At the end of straightening process, must use finishing products. That finishing product keeps your hairstyle for a longer time.
Our Final Verdict and Recommendation:
So this was the detailed article on How To Use A Hair Straightener. From things to process to tips, everything has been written in this guide in utmost detail. Now don’t be envious of other girl’s hairstyles, grab a new hair straightener and start making new hairdos. Don’t let anything stop you from practicing your imaginations. Just be careful and keep your hair with care too.We hope this guide will help you a lot! In case, you find it helpful, please share it with your friends who are in need of guidance about How To Use A Hair Straightener