Which Flat Iron Should I buy: Step By Step Flat Iron Buying Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Which Flat Iron Should I buy, the question always circling in our head while we are out to buy a new flat iron? To be honest, no girl finds the purchase of flat iron intimidating or something interesting. Either they have to be careful or ended up getting wrong flat iron.
The Flat iron is the best and versatile hair care tool invented in the last decades. We should wonder, how the life would be without a flat iron. The flat iron is a perfect symbol of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Let’s talk a little about Best flat iron. Every girl is born with natural hair type. It can be straight, curly, thick or coarse. With shampoos or conditioners, you cannot change the type of the hair. But with a flat iron as this is possible. What exactly flat iron does? Hair Straightener plates heat the hair. So follicles of hair can flatten with heat. In this way, the hair can be transformed into the curly or straight hair.
You must be now feel interesting in getting a new Best hair straightener. You can see this high-end machine has unlimited advantages. Now a hairdo is a matter of few minutes.
That’s why we have gathered all the information regarding buying a flat iron. After reading this article, you will have answers to the question How To Buying An Affordable Best Hair Straightener?
There are certain factors that affect the purchase of flat iron. If you do your homework on these points, at the end you will have best flat iron perfectly suits to your hair type.
Which Flat Iron Should I Buy: Choose The Right Flat Iron For Your Hair Type
Hair Type and Texture:
Before asking Which Flat Iron Should I buy, examine yourself and see which hair type you have naturally because of the flat iron and hair texture have a deep relation with each other. One type of flat iron is not going to go for all hair types. You must check whether you got straight, curly, wavy, fine, thick or coarse hair. After that, you will be able to determine product best suited. Once you have determined your type, it’s time to shop a new flat iron for your toolkit.
The most important part of the flat iron is the heating plates. Without heating plates, there is not the existence of a flat iron. Heating plates play a pivotal role and ultimate source of heat for flattening the follicles. There is two type of flat irons commonly. Ceramic and Titanium flat iron (Titanium Vs Ceramic Flat Iron Reviews 2016). If you are a professional stylist and wants fast performance with instant heat recovery, you must go for Titanium flat iron. But if you are a home girl and want a flat iron for home usage, ceramic is the best bet for you. Ceramic plates have good performance plus smoother finish. As per hair type, Titanium flat iron works great for thick and coarse hair.
Temperature is another factor that should be considered while buying a flat iron. Mostly flat iron comes with a range of 400-450 degrees. The range is not the only thing to think. Fixed and adjustable settings are also important. First, we will talk about temperature range. 400-450 degree range is awesome for thick and coarse hair. As these stubborn hair types need a lot of heat. The Fixed temperature setting would be great for curly and thick hair because of their intense type. While the lower temperature range is the only bet for fine or normal hair to prevent them from frying up. Variable temperature setting is essential to set up accurate setting for fine hair.
While purchasing a flat iron, must look for digital LCD temperature control. In this way, you can precisely set the temperature for your hair type.
- Understanding The Flat Iron Temperature or Heat
|Hair Types||Hair Length||Plate Width||Temperature Setting|
|Coarse, Thick, Curly||Above Shoulder||½ – 1 ½ Inch||350°F – 400°F|
|Shoulder Length||1 – 2 Inch|
|Below Shoulder||1 ½ – 2 inch*||380°F – 410°F|
|Normal, Medium/Average Medium Thickness or Wavy||Above Shoulder||½ – 1 ¼ Inch||300°F – 350°F|
|Shoulder Length||1 – 1 ½ Inch|
|Below Shoulder||1 ½ – 2 inch*||360°F – 380°F|
|Fine, Thin, Damage or Naturally Straight Hair||Any||Any||250°F – 300°F|
|Fragile Hair||Any||½ – 1 ½ Inch||Below 250°F|
Flat Iron Plates Material and Technology:
Well, this is a point to consider what are the best flat irons. There were days when flat irons would only do one thing that was heating. But now technology is getting better and better every single day. So does the technology of flat iron. There are several straightening technologies, which works similar, but which is best is going to help you to solve Which Flat Iron Should I buy.
Here is some important one’s puzzle of Which Flat Iron Should I buy
- Ceramic Ionic: Most of the flat irons in the market are ceramic flat irons. What does that mean? Ceramic flat iron has heating plates made up of 100% solid ceramic infused with some advanced components like tourmaline. These ceramic plates are the responsible one for instant heating and recovery. Secondly, they are infused with negative ions. Why we need negative ions? Well, do you like frizz? No. Then that’s the answer. Negative ions remove the frizz from the hair. Negative ions do something extremely significant. These ions lock the natural moisture on the hair. So what we get Silkier and shinier hair without any frizz.
- Tourmaline Ceramic: Tourmaline Ceramic flat iron is one of the best flat iron with the latest technology. Most of the best flat irons in the market, made by Tourmaline Ceramic. Tourmaline Ceramic flat iron has great heating plates made up of 100% solid Tourmaline Ceramic, and it’s customer satisfaction are very good.
- Aluminium: Aluminum is the low-quality type of flat iron. It was used in old times. Some companies are still making with using some advanced technologies to make it better. But still, can’t compare with the performance of ceramic or titanium flat irons.
- Nano Ceramic: These flat irons have heating plates of pure ceramic but with additional touch. Tourmaline is converted into microparticles and infused with ceramic plates. What’s the advantage? Smoother straightening process. These infused ceramic flat iron glides through the hair easily. As a result, hair gets straightened in fewer passes.
- Nano Titanium: Nano titanium is the most advanced and high-performance heating technology in the market. Titanium flat irons work 40% faster than other flat irons in the market. If you are looking for high end cutting edge leader in flat irons, titanium flat iron is your only choice.
- Nano Silver: These flat irons works great for professional stylists who have to use a flat iron to various customers. Why is this of such great use in the salon? Well, silver finish keeps the plates germ free and bacteria free.
Next thing that affects the notion of Which Flat Iron Should be I buy is plate size. Multiple sizes are available in the market. Size ranges from 1 inches to 2 inches. To be honest, plate size of 1 inch is not ideal. Always try to get a flat iron of 1.5 inches to 2 inches. In this way, your flat iron will work for any hair type of any length.
|Plate Size||Hair Length||Hair Texture|
|1” to 1.5”||All lengths||Fine and thin|
|1” to 1.25”||Short||Normal|
|1” to 1.5”||Medium||Normal|
|1.25” to 2”||Long||Normal|
|1.25”||Short||Coarse, thick or curly|
|1.5” to 2”||Medium||Coarse, thick or curly|
|1.5” to 3”||Long||Coarse, thick or curly|
Most flat irons are coming up with a lot of accessories. You can have barrels, rollers, brushes and much more with the flat iron. Must choose a flat iron with accessories, if possible, to give a leap jump to your creativity.
Auto Shut Off Feature:
Jokes apart, but sometimes girls forget to switch off their flat irons, but Auto Shut Off is an alarming feature in any Best hair straightener. You must have a flat iron, which has the built-in feature of auto shut off. In case you forget to shut off the iron in a hurry, it will get off automatically.
Insulated Cool Tips:
Flat iron is a tool that dissipates heat a very high temperature. You don’t want to burn your hand. So please ensure, flat iron you are going to buy have insulated cool tips and handler.
Flat irons are known to damage the hair, because of heat. But there is a newer technology known as an Infrared heating system. Why prefer Infrared flat iron? The Infrared heating system will keep your hair and scalp safe. Infrared technology has only one objective that is prevention from heat damage.
Swivel Cord with 360 degrees rotation is awesome. It will keep your hand away from twisting for getting curls or waves. The Longer swivel cord is a better option!
The prime factor in any purchase. We should be clear about one thing that, the flat iron is not a day to day product. It is not cheap or lower in price. You have to spend some extra bucks, but trust the facts, once you have priced flat iron. You won’t regret about a single penny you have spent.
Wet To Dry Flat Irons:
Well, this is a rare case. Girls often use a flat iron on dry hair. But sometimes they are in a hurry for an event. You can have hair straightening with the capability of wet to dry technique. Please Check Best Wet To Dry Flat Iron Reviews 2016
It no matters, what you buy, the warranty is the thing you notice every single time. So always pick a hair straightener with a longer warranty.
Which Flat Iron Should be I Buy: Our Final Verdict and Recommendation:
I am sure, your puzzle of Which Flat Iron Should be I buy, problem solved. We have discussed each and every factor in so much detail that can affect your buying process. It’s ironic, but flat iron should be purchase with care. You won’t buy a flat iron every six months like other items in your home.
The Flat Iron is something personally awesome tool for every women and girl. It is serving girls all around the world for helping them in making different hair styles. We should admit, the hair is the reflection of our personality. So flat iron directly contributes to the personality development. So we can’t go the store and pick the flat iron randomly. Show some respect to the most inventive tool for hair care. Flat iron made possible to get a new hair style with a shiny luster very single day!We hope this guide will help you a lot! In case you find it helpful, please share it with your friends who are in need of guidance about Which Flat Iron Should I buy?