How To Clean A Hair Straightener, the most frequent query asked by girls who love to straighten their hair. Girls don’t deny the natural beauty of their hair types. Girls try their best efforts to embrace what their hairstyles look. But distracting towards new hairstyles is the thing girls can’t help.
Every single day, girls watch other girls with beautiful and silkier hair, their urge to straighten hair jumps on next level. In that situation, buying a hair straightener is the awesome choice. You can use it on a daily basis. In this way, you don’t have to visit the salon. Economical hairstyle instantly!
But the daily or recurrent use of hair straightener leads to residue build-up on plates. In that case, it is very important to know How To Clean A Hair Straightener.
Don’t worry; we have so much gratitude and care for our dear users; that ’s this article has been composed.
What is a hair straightener?
Before knowing How To Clean A Hair Straightener, you must have an idea about a hair straightener. Precisely, a hair straightener is the tool or machine that use to make curls or straighten the coarse hair. There is only one way to reshape the natural type of hair. That is a healing process! When you heat up the hair, you can easily mold them into different curls or waves or bangs. Applications are very limited to your thinking.
Hair straightener has a very old history. Since 1700, girls are trying to make their hairstyles better and better with the ironing technique. But luckily, we are living in the age, where companies make some awesome flat irons for this purpose. We just need to buy and use the iron!
How To Clean A Hair Straightener:
How To Clean A Hair Straightener is a question you should ask if you own a flat iron. It is very important for a hair straightener to be in the clean position. Let me explain why we are giving so much pressure on this.
When you use a hair straightener, different oil and products must be used during the process. Another fact is that hair is a protein structure. So when you are heat hair tools, some residue will build upon the heating plates. Trust me; you need to remove that as early as possible.
Why? To be honest, you should do that instantly. Because plates will lose its efficiency. When there is residue on the plates, the first impact will be low heating speed. Secondly, that dirt is going to ruin the plates due to chemical reactions.
You want your hair straightener to live longer; you must clean it regularly. Titanium flat iron should be clean more often, as they have so much capacity for residue build-up. At a minimum, hair straightener should be clean at least once a week.
So coming to the main topic of How To Clean A Hair Straightener. The process of cleaning a hair straightener is pretty easy. It’s not something complicated. The catch is to do the process at regular intervals.
Following things are needed to clean a hair straightener:
- Warm Water
- Towel or soft cloth
- Rubbing Alcohol
Now moving to the step by step Beginners’ Guide
- First of all, plug in the hair straightener. Let it warm for a while.
- Now unplug the hair straightener and this is a very important step. You must ensure it is unplugged.
- Now wet the towel in the warm water. Make it wet but not dripping water.
- Carefully remove the residue build-up on the plates.
- For surfaces, spray the rubbing alcohol and use a clean towel to clean the surfaces.
- You can repeat this process according to the residue build-up on the heating plates.
- Now let it dry completely.
- Make sure it is completely dry before your next usage.
Tips For How To Clean A Hair Straightener:
There certain advanced tips for making the process of How To Clean A Hair Straightener, more effective. Using these suggestions is going to make the life of the tool much longer.
- Water: Water is the best method to clean a flat iron, in case you have no other alternative. Simply damp the towel in the water to make it wet. You can also use a face wipe to remove all the dirt from the plates.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is the perfect alternative to water. It amazingly washes out all the dirt from the plates. Just make sure, alcohol is not harmful to the plate material.
- Acetone: Acetone is a highly preferred alternative to clean a hair straightener. In case, there is thick residue build-up, spread the acetone for half-hour and then wash it with a washcloth.
- Lemon Juice: Soft cloth soaked in Lemon juice is also an effective cleaning agent.
- Baking Soda: Thin solution of water and baking soda also acts as cleaning material for plates.
How to clean hair straightener plates On A Hair Straightener:
This guide on How To Clean A Hair Straightener works fine for all hair straighteners. The ceramic plate is the common material in most flat irons. In this part, we are going to learn How to clean your flat iron at home.
Following are the things you will need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Soft Cloth
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Pick
- Steel Wool
Now let’s start step by step process.
- Spray a little amount of rubbing alcohol on the plates.
- Use a soft cloth to remove all the dirt and residue from the plates.
- You can use a toothbrush and toothpick to remove stubborn stains.
- Steel wool is a good alternative to clean the residue. But ensure you are not scratching the plates.
- Another important thing again does this process while hair straightener is unplugged.
Alternative Method For Clean A Hair Straightener
How to Use Hot Tool Cleaner:
A flat iron can be cleaned up using a wet cloth. But sometimes where to build upon heating plates is a little larger and sticky. In that situation, a cloth soaked in warm water won’t be a remedy.
Now Hot Tool Cleaner is the perfect alternative. Just follow these easy steps to make your flat iron in great position again:
- First of all, evenly spray Hot Tool Cleaner on the plates and other surfaces of the flat iron.
- Now grab the soft cloth or cotton swab to peel off all residue.
- After cleaning residue completely, dry the flat iron with towel paper or you can use a blow dryer.
- Keeping the flat iron clean is essential for the long life of the machine. At least, clean the flat iron twice a week.
Don’t ever immerse your flat iron in the water. Otherwise, you will lose the functionality of the hair straightener permanently. Secondly, always clean the flat iron, while being unplugged. Otherwise, you will be electrocuted.
How to clean a hair straightener flat iron Video Tutorial
Our Final Verdict and Recommendation:
So this was the complete guide on the How To Clean A Hair Straightener. Now you can easily clean any flat iron of any material. It is necessary to keep your flat iron clean for its longer life. We hope this guide will help you a lot! In case, you find it helpful, please share it with your friends who are in need of guidance about How To Clean A Hair Straightener